Redirect Your Site Using the Site Redirects Manager
Tell us what you think!
Looking for Product Support?
A redirect automatically sends your Web site's visitors to a chosen destination, either a different location within the same site or a new site entirely. For example, you can redirect visitors from your domain root to a content sub-directory, such as a blog.
Content (files and folders) under the redirect path can be redirected to the destination domain root or the same path on the destination domain or not redirected at all.
NOTE: You must have a Linux Hosting plan to redirect your site using the Redirect Manager.
Redirect a site using the Site Redirect Manager
- Log in to your Domain Registration Account Manager.
- In the My Products section, select Hosting.
- Next to the hosting account you want to modify, click Manage Account.
- In the Content section of the Hosting Control Center, click the Site Redirects icon.
- Click the New Redirect button. The New Redirect window displays.
- Enter the domain you want to redirect. If you want to redirect all of the domains in your hosting account, check the All domains on this account. Otherwise, enter the directories containing the sites you want to redirect in the Path field.
- Select whether or not you want all instances of your site with or without .www to be redirected. When you're finished, click Next. The To window displays.
- Select if the destination site is http or https and enter the domain name you want to redirect to, as well as the path, if applicable. If the path box is left blank, it will redirect to the root of the domain you entered. Click Next. The Type window appears.
- Select which kind of redirect you want to use.
NOTE:Redirects can be permanent (a 301 redirect) or temporary (a 302 redirect). Redirect type is communicated to browsers and search engines through the redirecting site's HTTP response. Search engines treat 301 and 302 redirects differently. For more information on redirect pages see What are 301 and 302 redirect pages?.
- Select your content redirect options. When you're finished, click OK.
Your domain will now be redirected with the options you selected. The redirect can take up to 24 hours to be completed. If you want to change or delete your redirect, simply select the redirect and click Edit or Delete in the toolbar.