What is Domain Backorder?
Unfortunately, from time to time, you will find out the domain name you wanted has already been taken. We can help you try to get the name through domain backorder.
Domain backorder helps you attempt to acquire a domain name when it becomes available for registration. It includes a Domain Monitoring membership and one year of domain name registration. However, the backorder does not guarantee you get the domain name. The person who owns it might choose to renew or sell it to someone else. If that does happen we will gladly assist you in placing another backorder or choosing a different domain name.
The Backorder Process
- You backorder a domain name — You can attempt to purchase a backorder for a domain name before it expires. Only one customer may place a backorder on a domain name. For instructions on placing a backorder, see Setting up Domain Backorders.
- You monitor the domain name — With your free Domain Monitoring membership, you can monitor your backordered domain name and receive email notifications within 24 hours of any changes in registrar, status, expiration date, or nameservers.
- We attempt to capture the domain name — We attempt to register the domain name before the release time, and we continue to make attempts until we or another registrar captures it.
- If we capture the domain name — We award the domain name to you. We process a change of registrant and move the domain name into your account within 45 days. Your domain name is registered with us for one year from the time it enters your account.
- If we don’t capture the domain name — We email you that the backorder was unsuccessful.